The Public Health Office of the Rhein-Sieg district offers a wide range of health services.
· Does the demographic trend in the Rhein-Sieg district affect the provision of healthcare?
· How is the health of children and young people in the Rhein-Sieg district?
· Can our drinking water be consumed without concern?
The public health service systematically analyses trends in health and illness as well as factors influencing these areas in order to answer these and other questions. This is the only way in which the Public Health Office can fulfil its remit, which is no less than protecting and promoting the health of the population, preventing illnesses and stopping their spread where necessary. Therefore, the various services that make up the Public Health Office have important duties.
The duties of the department for the coordination of health promotion/administrative duties are manifold. They include the
· municipal health conference
· health promotion/planning
· supervision of the health professions
· training of staff in the food sector as per Section 43 of the Protection Against Infection Act (Infektionsschutzgesetz)
The medical service of the Public Health Office has a broad remit.
The department for hygiene and infection prevention performs important monitoring and service functions to protect citizens from transmissible infectious diseases.
· diseases which must be reported/infection prevention
· hospital and clinic hygiene
· senior citizen home hygiene
· hygiene in schools, nurseries and other community-based institutions
· drinking and bathing water hygiene
· environmental hygiene